View Profile jUxtApOsEd2wIn

49 Movie Reviews

Hahaha. Look at the Doom fanboy down there lol.

Fanboyism done right: The video was great. You didn't include Final Fantasy 7 in that though. The jokes are too easy to come up with for that one.

Titties on the front page of Newgrounds... Nice! Only rated M too =) It's not like teenagers get on this site or anything. ;-]

........ no..... (guess) ...................... homo.......................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAAHAAHAAH

73 Game Reviews

Story elements are important but not as important as others are removing credit for. As for the sexist statement: I guess by those standards Mario is a terrible game as is Zelda and every Final Fantasy game out there. Hahaa. I guess my idea of story is that you can simply skip the story if it's not engaging to you. Flash games typically don't have impressive story lines anyways. I'm a platform gamer primarily but I've played flash games for years and in my opinion, story line is a cherry. Sure cherries are nice and tasty but they only make up a small part of the cake and the flavor of the cake is virtually unaltered by simply not adding it. Some of my favorite games on this site I've never even read the story. But, being the Final Fantasy player that I am, I love a GOOD story but not having one only makes me pay more attention to the game.

I do agree with a few of the reviews in the idea that it is repetitive but that's not by biggest complaint. My biggest complaint is that there is no actual customization. You level up as the game allows you to level up so there is no possibility of developing your own strategy. I.e. I've always been a fan of high speed and high attack/critical and low hp/defense (ninja style). This kind of unbalanced game play certainly has it's advantages and disadvantages but the point is that that's MY style. Customization is important because it allows the player to invest them self into the game play. It makes it much more engaging.

A lot of the appeal to strategy games is having multiple different strategies to choose from instead of the idea of learn the game play and learn the one strategy required to win then rinse and repeat. It's impossible to lose once you've even become slightly adept at the game system posing no real challenge, just a lot of clicking and dragging.

My final complaint is that this game play idea has been before numerous times. If you look at my favorites, I have a game on it that is like it but it is soooo much more in depth and challenging. The biggest appeal to me in that game though is it's originality. Although the play style has been done before, it's never been done like that thus it has a separation that this one doesn't. I was excited to see leveling up but it's not actually leveling up if the game dictates the order that you can do it and there is only 6 criteria to level up. More level ups and the ability to personalize your army would make this game unique and 10 times better.

My review is coming from about 45 minutes of game play so that's about the best factor here. This occupied my time for 45 minutes but I'd say only about 20 minutes was fun and the other 25 was me hoping that there was more. And yes, I unlocked a lot of game modes and no they didn't make me any happier about playing.

----- 2.5/5 -----

Very nice! Favorited. One thing I would like to see in an update though is the removal of being required to aim with the mouse. I'm using a track pad. Although I have a mouse I don't feel like digging it out. It is a little pointless even with the projectile attack. Often times I find as well that in the heat of battle it takes much needed seconds to make sure it is aimed properly because the slightest bit of angle and it goes upward instead of straight along the path. I suppose using it while in the air is the only use for the mouse aiming but even then you could just make the projectile angle towards the ground then just keep going on the ground. It's annoying for me to have to keep readjusting my cursor because dude keeps turning around. That's only worth a half a star decrease so, as much as I'm complaining about it, I would still play this game regardless.

None-the-less though, please update... just for me... because I'm special... ed... ... ..... ..... .........

----- 4.5/5 -----

kreig13 responds:

Thank you! I have had a lot of complaints about the attacking direction, but i needed it for 3 reasons: Later, there will be a *SPOLIERS* teleport attack that will require you to target with the mouse to get to the position. second, the projectile, as you mentioned and back attacks. you will get lots of them later that attacking left and right may be necessary.

It is a learning progress but I appreciate the feedback as I will tailor future games with your valuable insights! Thank you once more!

Not much to say other than I didn't like it. I did look at the description before playing it. I decided to give it a try knowing that I don't like platform jumpers or puzzle games. I've been surprised before though but this wasn't one of those times. Others might find enjoyment so I rated a 2 indicating that there is elements that could be enjoyed I just wasn't one to enjoy them.

I will however point out that the jumping isn't as broken as people are complaining about. I controlled the jumping just fine.

----- 2/5 -----

4 Audio Reviews

So true man. No one listens to compositions anymore. The way the music industry is set up now-a-days is all marketable to women [why they like being treated like shit bags I'll never know but I guess it's their right]. So men, as most men do, follow the shaking, bouncing ass and titties and don't give much of a shit what the song, as a whole, really sounds like. Then they further make themselves look like asses by buying into the clothing and bling just to pick up women or to project "hood success" when really all it does is let the rest of us know who has an I.Q. of less than 1OO and can't think for themselves. [I've actually seen people show up to interviews dressed like that lmfao]

As long as it has a rhythm [a shitty one but loud bass is what we're looking for with rudimentary high hat fills] and talks about success at the expense of others, doing drugs most people have never seen in person, emulating the thug life, talking as dirty as possible about women... etc.... or has one, singular, halfway cool guitar lick - I realize different genre but it's all the same crap.

Then we have that other genre... christ these kids these days are fucking dumb.... I'm done ranting.

Maybe I'll do a Go Home and Get Stoned parody someday... It'll go ---- Gooo hooomeee..... and Smack your moooom.... Tell her that you know-oh that you are a big mistake...... And I'll sound like a mixture between Nickleback and cookie monster... The kids'll love it.

---------- 5/5 -----------

ColonelMagus responds:

Haha, hit the nail on the head!

Excellent submission! Very well thought out piece. I will be submitting my entry for the contest here shortly and I'm glad to see someone else who is melodie driven! I have to agree with the previous reviewer about the volume though. I don't think it's solely a master volume problem though, I think you should have spent a little more time mixing it down and smoothing out the edges - by edges I mean the different sound tracks and rhythm transitions should have been smoothed over.

Another opinion I would nitpick about, and I say that because it's not that big of an issue, is a little louder on the lows would go far. The piece sounds a tad nasal which is an indication of too high mids and not high enough lows.

Good luck in the contest!

Iviqrr responds:

Thanks for the feedback, I will be fixing up this song soon, I've just been busy with school and some other stuff so I didn't have much time.

Also I look forward to hearing another more melodic song in the contest and I wish you good luck in the contest :)

I wish it was longer! This is my favorite one so far. Make more!

------- 5 -------

18 Art Reviews

Excellent work. This guy looks like an anti-cleric. A large hammer in one of his hands or even a mace would set this piece off, but as is; well done!

------- 5/5 -------

gavinvalentine responds:

Thanks jUxtApOsEd2wIn!

Very nice work. My only complaint is that the shading in certain spots is too sudden and, in my opinion, off because of it. I'd have liked to see more gradual and subtle shade transitions. As it is, the shading contorts the shape in some spots to look more polygonal rather than circular.

-------- 4/5 --------

How is this rated E? There's totally a camel toe.

n/a