E3 FAILS E3 FAILS

Hahaha. Look at the Doom fanboy down there lol.

Fanboyism done right: The video was great. You didn't include Final Fantasy 7 in that though. The jokes are too easy to come up with for that one.

Jade vs Liun Kang Fatalit Jade vs Liun Kang Fatalit

Titties on the front page of Newgrounds... Nice! Only rated M too =) It's not like teenagers get on this site or anything. ;-]

Contagious Contagious

........ no..... (guess) ...................... homo.......................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAAHAAHAAH

Hit the Wall Hit the Wall

It's a cool little game. I didn't get too far in it. It's a quick, time waster and can be quite addicting. As for my rating, I give it 3 out of 5. It's simply not what I'm looking for right now and I probably won't come back to it. Good job though and good luck in future submissions!

----- 3/5 -----

Civ Wars 2 Civ Wars 2

Story elements are important but not as important as others are removing credit for. As for the sexist statement: I guess by those standards Mario is a terrible game as is Zelda and every Final Fantasy game out there. Hahaa. I guess my idea of story is that you can simply skip the story if it's not engaging to you. Flash games typically don't have impressive story lines anyways. I'm a platform gamer primarily but I've played flash games for years and in my opinion, story line is a cherry. Sure cherries are nice and tasty but they only make up a small part of the cake and the flavor of the cake is virtually unaltered by simply not adding it. Some of my favorite games on this site I've never even read the story. But, being the Final Fantasy player that I am, I love a GOOD story but not having one only makes me pay more attention to the game.

I do agree with a few of the reviews in the idea that it is repetitive but that's not by biggest complaint. My biggest complaint is that there is no actual customization. You level up as the game allows you to level up so there is no possibility of developing your own strategy. I.e. I've always been a fan of high speed and high attack/critical and low hp/defense (ninja style). This kind of unbalanced game play certainly has it's advantages and disadvantages but the point is that that's MY style. Customization is important because it allows the player to invest them self into the game play. It makes it much more engaging.

A lot of the appeal to strategy games is having multiple different strategies to choose from instead of the idea of learn the game play and learn the one strategy required to win then rinse and repeat. It's impossible to lose once you've even become slightly adept at the game system posing no real challenge, just a lot of clicking and dragging.

My final complaint is that this game play idea has been before numerous times. If you look at my favorites, I have a game on it that is like it but it is soooo much more in depth and challenging. The biggest appeal to me in that game though is it's originality. Although the play style has been done before, it's never been done like that thus it has a separation that this one doesn't. I was excited to see leveling up but it's not actually leveling up if the game dictates the order that you can do it and there is only 6 criteria to level up. More level ups and the ability to personalize your army would make this game unique and 10 times better.

My review is coming from about 45 minutes of game play so that's about the best factor here. This occupied my time for 45 minutes but I'd say only about 20 minutes was fun and the other 25 was me hoping that there was more. And yes, I unlocked a lot of game modes and no they didn't make me any happier about playing.

----- 2.5/5 -----

Forbidden Arms Forbidden Arms

Very nice! Favorited. One thing I would like to see in an update though is the removal of being required to aim with the mouse. I'm using a track pad. Although I have a mouse I don't feel like digging it out. It is a little pointless even with the projectile attack. Often times I find as well that in the heat of battle it takes much needed seconds to make sure it is aimed properly because the slightest bit of angle and it goes upward instead of straight along the path. I suppose using it while in the air is the only use for the mouse aiming but even then you could just make the projectile angle towards the ground then just keep going on the ground. It's annoying for me to have to keep readjusting my cursor because dude keeps turning around. That's only worth a half a star decrease so, as much as I'm complaining about it, I would still play this game regardless.

None-the-less though, please update... just for me... because I'm special... ed... ... ..... ..... .........

----- 4.5/5 -----

kreig13 responds:

Thank you! I have had a lot of complaints about the attacking direction, but i needed it for 3 reasons: Later, there will be a *SPOLIERS* teleport attack that will require you to target with the mouse to get to the position. second, the projectile, as you mentioned and back attacks. you will get lots of them later that attacking left and right may be necessary.

It is a learning progress but I appreciate the feedback as I will tailor future games with your valuable insights! Thank you once more!

Straight To Reddit Straight To Reddit

First: No deviation in your rhythm scheme through out the whole song = annoying and hard to listen and pay attention to for there was nothing impressive. You should have put lyrics down so I could at least have something to read while I'm listening to the cool beat because I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics.

Whoever dubbed your vocals should be shot or, at the very least, should have a serious discussion about never doing it again... ever. If it was you that dubbed your voice, it's soooo sloppy it almost made me want to stop listening a few times. I'm not even sure if you simply copied the vocal track into a second one and moved it over slightly or if you just rapped out the second track. Either way you should have used the volume controls on certain emphasized words and lower or raise the levels in order to make it more smooth. Certain parts were just too separated. One thing that I've found could help smooth things over is to record call out tracks emphasizing words or saying dumb shit like "yeeu" and "ung"... as cheesy as that sounds, I encourage you to try it lol.

The beat was HAAM though (yes... hard as a mutha fucker)

-------- 3/5 --------

No Reply (feat clyde lewis) No Reply (feat clyde lewis)

It has interesting lyrics. I think your rhythm scheme was a bit... awkward. Good use of vocabulary and good production work make this more than worth listening to in my opinion so good job there.

Try some triplet, sixteenth, and thirty-second beats in another piece in the future because it's always impressive when people mix up the rhythm frequently in rap songs instead of just using quarter and eighth beats with the occasional sixteenth... if any... I'm currently listening to find out....... ;-]........ Nope. Not a single sixteenth beat.

Your smart though so you'll figure it out. Again, nice lyrics, nice audio production and overall sound quality, mix up your rhythm scheme a little bit and you'll get much more appreciation from the listener.

----------- 3.5/5 -----------

The Intro (prod by SH) The Intro (prod by SH)

The lyrics are good buuuutttt.... vocals sound forced. The trick to good rap is smooth texture. I suppose your 'nerdcore' is in your tag which would explain why your vocals sound in such a way - too much diction almost to the point of annoyance. It's just not smooth.

The production seems pretty good. I don't know if this was purposeful, I think it was though, but it sounded as if the audio was in a haze like it was produced in the early 90s. I like it. I do wish there was some variety in the drum beats though because it seemed as though that was just an unnecessary piece of the song almost as if you would have lost nothing in the song by removing it all together.

------- 4/5 -------

Jaedus | Ivory Mask Jaedus | Ivory Mask

Excellent work. This guy looks like an anti-cleric. A large hammer in one of his hands or even a mace would set this piece off, but as is; well done!

------- 5/5 -------

gavinvalentine responds:

Thanks jUxtApOsEd2wIn!

This is Halloween! This is Halloween!

Very nice work. My only complaint is that the shading in certain spots is too sudden and, in my opinion, off because of it. I'd have liked to see more gradual and subtle shade transitions. As it is, the shading contorts the shape in some spots to look more polygonal rather than circular.

-------- 4/5 --------

Kera in the Desert Kera in the Desert

How is this rated E? There's totally a camel toe.